• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot animations?

D

Deleted User

Hey people!

Okay so when I turn on my HTC Desire I get the "(AlphaRev) Why So Serious?" screen for a bit, then when it boots into the ROM it comes up with "VILLAINROM - Free your Android".

My question is how do I change them to something custom (both of them), and where do I download the new boot animations?

Thank you in advance :)

depending on your rom, you can drop a boot animation into /data/local as many custom roms support this.

Otherwise its /system/media. You can get them from the Ultimate online theme kitchen.

You will probably have to make the splash screen image yourself and fastboot flash it. The image must by created from 480x800 24 bit depth .bmp the simplest way is to use the fastboot utility (link in adb and fastboot faq) as this converts it to splash.img, which can be tricky without the utility.

If you're wondering how to get 24 bit depth, best bet is create your .bmp however, then open and save it in paint as ms paint's bit depth for bmp is 24 bit. I worked this out by accident after trying all sorts of applications claiming to do 24 bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones