• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot loader unlocked.. now what :)

Honestly the only thing worthwhile is CyanogenMod7 which is not quite finished yet. In the meantime you could do S-OFF, perma-root and install Android Revolution HD 3.0.4 (until CM7 is released. Nightlies expected in the next 1-2 weeks). ARHD is fantastic except that there seems to be problems with the force feedback on key presses but I am just holding out until CM7 anyways. So it's fine for now. Make sure and BUY Titanium Backup Pro once you're rooted so you can backup every app and setting to your DropBox account and never have to worry about setting everything up from scratch ever again :)

Reactions: tkalfaoglu
Upvote 0
Honestly the only thing worthwhile is CyanogenMod7 which is not quite finished yet. In the meantime you could do S-OFF, perma-root and install Android Revolution HD 3.0.4 (until CM7 is released. Nightlies expected in the next 1-2 weeks). ARHD is fantastic except that there seems to be problems with the force feedback on key presses but I am just holding out until CM7 anyways. So it's fine for now. Make sure and BUY Titanium Backup Pro once you're rooted so you can backup every app and setting to your DropBox account and never have to worry about setting everything up from scratch ever again :)

Great - many thanks for the tips.. I'm off to check out ARHD now :)
-t

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones