1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Boot Loader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ded2376, Feb 18, 2011.

1. ded2376

ded2376 Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Hello, I rooted my Ascend yesterday, I have been trying all day to get the boot logo and sound changed but Boot Animations Installer will not open for me, it just automatically force closes on me, any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Check your source and uninstall and reinstall boot loader. if you got it on market this will be easy and tends to fix force close for most apps. If your source is not market try the yt vid in the "i found this video helpful" thread.

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I just D/L 'BOOT ANIMATION CHANGER LITE' from the market.There's approx. 10 animations to choose from,an additional 20 or so more are available w/the paid version.
    I believe there are other apps available,but,could not locate.Any suggestions would be welcome,especially w/adding sound along with the boot animation.

4. ded2376

ded2376 Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    That was where I got it, could not find it on the market...

I did get it done though, I just went in with AndRootFile, went to /system/media and replaced the bootanimation.zip file with one I found on on forum.xda-developers.com works great, still no sound though, I put the file where it should be and still does not work, thinking that Cricket models wont do it, but not sure yet, working on it.....

Thanks for the help though :)

KOLIO likes this.