• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot loop after a few minutes of any use ...

lamoglinsgal

Android Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Virginia
I know this topic has been discussed at length, but in weeks of searching, I can't seem to find any help with my particular problem.

I've had my phone since July with no issues whatsoever. It's never been rooted. I got the Froyo update with no issues. I hadn't installed any new apps, just updated the ones I had as normal. Now, after a few minutes of use of basically any program, the phone reboots itself and gets stuck in a boot loop. I've done factory resets, and the phone is now completely stock - the only "extra" thing is my email accounts through Google.

I got stuck in a loop last night, powered the phone off through HBoot and let it charge overnight. When I got up this morning, unplugged it, powered it on, within a few minutes, it's rebooting again.

It seems if it was a hardware issue, it would've come up before now. I should also mention this happens with our without SD card, after formatting the SD card on the phone and the computer.

I hate to say this, but I'm kind of missing the days of BB where I could wipe the OS and start with a clean slate. It almost seems like something in my OS is corrupt, but I haven't messed with that side of the INC to know how to fix it.

I just noticed this morning that my signal shows no bars, but I'm able to make calls, texts, etc. Also, it hasn't (knock on wood) rebooted during a phone call, but will immediately after hanging up.

You can do a "wipe" by going to menu -> settings -> Privacy -> factory reset. This will restore your phone to its original state (with the Froyo update, I believe).

And yes, home only network means that you will get no service rather than hit a roaming tower.

Thanks. I've done the factory wipe several times. It'll boot loop on setup. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones