• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot Loop :( after Flashing a ROM

urvis03

Nov 3, 2012
India
I rooted my Desire a few weeks back using Unrevoked 3.32 and it installed ClockWorkMod recovery 2.5.0.7. I had a few issues rooting since Unrevoked stated "triumph" and "done" but the phone wasn't rooted. Anyhow finally I managed to root it and had the Super(Ninja)User in my apps.
Last night I decided upon flashing a custom ROM and chose Blissmod007 v14 and downloaded it from xda. Didn't check the MD5 sum though :thinking:
I have ROM manager installed but it was of no use so i took the back up of stock ROM from the recovery screen -> backup and restore option.
I flashed the Radio successfully from 5.11.xx to 5.17.05.23(as was recommended for the ROM).
I used the CWM recovery to install the .zip from SD card and flashed blissmod007 v14 successfully. After the flash on the first boot though, when i chose rebbot system from the recovery the phone just goes into boot loop and i can see only the green htc logo on white screen constantly. :(:(:(
The first boot is slow after flashing a ROM so I kept the phone away but even after an hour the phone was still at boot screen!!! Since then I have tried to reboot after wiping Dalvik Cache but it just restarts thrice(as mentioned by the dev for ROM) and gets stuck on the htc logo... :(

I want to know what is the best option in this case: a) Wipe Data, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik and restore the old stock ROM?
b) Wipe Data, Cache Partition, Dalvik and try flashing another ROM?
c) Use fastboot for
fastboot flash boot boot.img

History:
Temp Rooted with Visionary+
Perm Root FAILED with Visionary+
Rooted with Unrevoked 3.32 for Windows
Used Titanium Backup to back up apps
Flashed Radio Successfully from 5.10.xx to 5.17.05.23
Couldn't use ROM Manager to back up current ROM(I saw the sticky later)
Backed up Stock 2.2 Arab build using CWM recovery 2.5.0.7
Used Minitool Partition Magic for Windows(HADRON- I am going to use Gpart from now) to Partition my 2GB microSD to 1.2 FAT, 512+MB Ext2, 32MB Swap
Flashed Blissmod007 v14 and got stuck in boot loop :(:(:(

Bravo PVT3 Ship S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MicroP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO- 5.17.05.23

Don't try to flash a boot img.

You don't actually say that you've done a full wipe/factory reset, just wiped dalvik. So a full wipe is the first thing to try.

The ROM thread says 512+ for both CM7 and stock, so I'd think it should fit in a partition of that size (otherwise it would need a larger partition when using the CM7 hboot). Most of these Sense 3 ROMs suggest a larger partition though. If you remake the partition, go for ext3 rather than ext2 (ext2 is just old and slow), and there's no point in having a swap partition.

I'd try what shauny suggests, in that order. If neither works, either a bigger card (so you can try a larger partition) or a different ROM.

Upvote 0
I did do a full wipe before flashing... I just wiped Dalvik.cache later when the phone went in loop..read about it when I googled that it might interfere with booting if Dalvik is not wiped properly.. apparently some one else also facing the same problem..he has S-Off..Shouldn't I try a different ROM?

Upvote 0
I did do a full wipe before flashing... I just wiped Dalvik.cache later when the phone went in loop..read about it when I googled that it might interfere with booting if Dalvik is not wiped properly.. apparently some one else also facing the same problem..he has S-Off..Shouldn't I try a different ROM?

Yes, try dGB just to see if it works as this doesn't require a partition.

Reactions: urvis03
Upvote 0
Good advice Shauny n Hadron :) just flashed dGB n it worked successfully :)
The phone is working smoothly n what a snappy ROM by Dan.. Superb work n great ROM SURoot!!
Unfortunately my Wi-Fi isn't working n no data plan activated yet so couldn't install apps from market to check..I will keep this ROM if I had more memory.. what are the next steps that u suggest??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones