1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boot Loop Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbandersii, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jbandersii

jbandersii Lurker

I have rooted GSII that has been running fine for 2 months with Go Launcher. I recently tried changing fonts with ROM Toolbox Pro (which I have done successfully in the past), however, this time the GSII can't seem to completely boot, and keeps rebooting itself. The Go Launcher home page appears for a few seconds before re-booting, and if I try to hit the menu key, a Go Launcher error appears on the screen momentarily before rebooting.

I don't have a Clockworkmod backup on this device (which might have helped). I am hoping that there is a way to install a zip file to the external SD to fix Go Launcher or replace it with a launcher that will enable a normal boot. Please provide instructions if this is possible.

What I need most is to be able to access the contents of the internal memory to recover MP4 video files - let me know if there is a way to do that given the current boot problem.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Since you are rooted you should always make a backup before doing these things here is how you fix
    Find a stock ROM (or any you choose) download to your SD card
    Go into CWM go to install zip from SD locate your ROM and click yes let it install and reboot
    YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO ALL YOUR APPS SO MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL APPS AND DATA YOU WANT TO KEEP!
    Hope this helps
    Send me a PM if you need anything forget assistance :)

3. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Moved this thread to "all things root" section
    Thanks for understanding :)

4. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Welcome to the forums jbandersii. :wavey:

Which Galaxy S2 do you have? If you have the SGH-T989, try flashing DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE in recovery and see if that helps.

You could also do a format data/factory reset in recovery. That won't format files, like your mp3's, on your internal storage or sd card. You will have to reinstall apps.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews