1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boot Loop issue after installing a new font using ROM Toolbox Pro

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dennevhyn31, Aug 4, 2013.

1. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

I installed ROM Toolbox Pro. I used the Root Browser in it to change the boot and shut down animations. It was okay, no problems. I also changed the font several times. I also managed the system audio files using the Root Browser and no problems. I tried changing the font again and then when I tried rebooting, it won't pass through the boot animation anymore. I removed the battery and the SD card and then put it back after 30 minutes but still the same. I have CWM recovery installed but unfortunately, I cannot access it. I am planning to flash the ROM but how will I do that if I cannot even access the CWM recovery? How can I fix the boot loop issue without flashing the ROM. I have a backup of the stock ROM and a custom Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM. Flashing the ROM will be my last resort. I need your inputs guys. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

That app has gave me bootloops in the past but ive always been able to get into recovery :thinking: have you tried removing the battery for like 30secs then boot straight into recovery?
    Can you get into download/odin mode? (really hope so lol)

3. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

Yup I removed the battery and the SD card for the 30 minutes. What's download/odin mode?

4. funkylogik

on the s3 its Power, Home and volume Down so give it a try mate :thumbup:
    EDIT sorry i was assuming you have the galaxy s4.. do you?

5. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

I am not using a Samsung phone. I tried Volume Up + Power Button and Volume Down + Power Button and nothing happens. I don't have Home button on my phone. Is there any way I can flash the ROM thru PC?

6. funkylogik

Sorry. Forget anythng Samsung or Odin i said :)
    You can only flash something from Recovery or Download mode.
    Can i ask, what method did you use to root the phone?

7. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

I used Motochopper to root my phone. My phone is working great until I used ROM Toolbox Pro to modify root system files, specifically the font.

funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Is the phone a motorolla? I think youre gona need advice from people with the same phone tbh. If there isnt a forum for your model you should maybe ask in one for the same manufacturer.
    Good luck man :thumbup:

dennevhyn31 and ocnbrze like this.
  9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah what phone and carrier do you have? i can move you to the right forum for better help.

funkylogik and dennevhyn31 like this.
  10. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

I am not using a Motorola phone. I have a Cherry Mobile Omega HD 2.0 phone. It's a phone made in China rebranded here in the Philippines. Yup I'm gonna join a group in Facebook discussing the same phone I have.

By the way, let's say I was able to access the CWM recovery? What will I do? Wipe Dalvik Cache? I don't wanna wipe data and reset everything.

funkylogik likes this.
  11. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

I have a Cherry Mobile Omega HD 2.0 phone. It's a phone made in China rebranded here in the Philippines. My network carrier is SMART.

12. funkylogik

Yeah if you can get into recovery you could start by restoring a backup youve made or wipe the cache and dalvic.. if they fail then it would be a factory reset. If that fails youre gona have to somehow get a working rom onto it.
    Its really important that you get into download or recovery.. if you cant then the phone is pretty much the dreaded B*****d word :thumbdown: good luck man :thumbup:

13. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast

Why would you try to flash a samsung ROM on a non-samsung phone?

thats the best way to brick it. find people with your phone and get advice there.

14. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah unfortunately flashing roms from other phones is not a good idea. if you can't get into recovery and you can't flash a stock rom then there is not much you can do.

curious as to how you got a recovery to work as they are usually phone specific. also you picked a phone that does not have much dev support as well.

15. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Did you make the stock backup with CWM? Just wondering whether that has ever worked.

If that phone has a download mode (or equivalent - would be fastboot on a HTC, not sure in yours) and you can find a recovery built for that phone you could try installing that. But as everyone says, your only real hope is if you can get that stock ROM backup on. Delete the S4 ROM as that's no use to you at all.

dennevhyn31 likes this.
  16. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

Sometimes when messing with stuff causes my phone to get stuck in the boot animation, I find that I still have ADB access to it. If you had USB debugging enabled, look up how to install the tools on your computer for ADB access. (You probably already know this and have the tools.) Then use adb push and adb shell to replace the font files with stock. Hopefully that will patch you up enough to get back to hacking around the way you want. ;)

dennevhyn31 likes this.
  17. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

It's a "custom" Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM. =P

18. dennevhyn31

dennevhyn31 Newbie

I was able to resolve the problem. I was able to access the CWM recovery. The wipe Dalvik cache did not work so I had to restore a backup of my ROM. I was able to restore everything so now it looks like everything is working great! Good thing I backed up everything last week. Thanks everyone for your replies!

For those who are commenting about the Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM, it is a custom ROM modded to work on my phone. That ROM was not the original issue. The problem was caused by installing a new font using ROM Toolbox Pro. No need to worry or mind about the Samsung ROM. :p

funkylogik likes this.
  19. funkylogik

Nice one man. Yeah always make a backup before flashing anything mate :thumbup:

dennevhyn31 likes this.
  20. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

Often I'm one of those guys but this time I picked right up on what you were layin' down. I've been on both ends of that conversation. :smokingsomb:

21. James Monot

James Monot Lurker

my phone also suffer like that after i install the icon or the notification background then reboot. after the boot animation , nothing happens.

22. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

You have to restore your nandroid backup or if you didn't make one, you'll have to reinstall the rom.

Fonts aren't guaranteed to work with everything.

ROM Toolbox warns about the importance of backups in the help section.

23. James Monot

James Monot Lurker

how to reinstall the ROM? I dont have any back up. Im sorry.

24. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

What phone do you own?

25. James Monot

James Monot Lurker

Lenovo A369i