• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot Loop issue after installing a new font using ROM Toolbox Pro

I installed ROM Toolbox Pro. I used the Root Browser in it to change the boot and shut down animations. It was okay, no problems. I also changed the font several times. I also managed the system audio files using the Root Browser and no problems. I tried changing the font again and then when I tried rebooting, it won't pass through the boot animation anymore. I removed the battery and the SD card and then put it back after 30 minutes but still the same. I have CWM recovery installed but unfortunately, I cannot access it. I am planning to flash the ROM but how will I do that if I cannot even access the CWM recovery? How can I fix the boot loop issue without flashing the ROM. I have a backup of the stock ROM and a custom Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM. Flashing the ROM will be my last resort. I need your inputs guys. Thanks in advance!

That app has gave me bootloops in the past but ive always been able to get into recovery :thinking: have you tried removing the battery for like 30secs then boot straight into recovery?
Can you get into download/odin mode? (really hope so lol)

Yup I removed the battery and the SD card for the 30 minutes. What's download/odin mode?

Upvote 0
Is the phone a motorolla? I think youre gona need advice from people with the same phone tbh. If there isnt a forum for your model you should maybe ask in one for the same manufacturer.
Good luck man :thumbup:

I am not using a Motorola phone. I have a Cherry Mobile Omega HD 2.0 phone. It's a phone made in China rebranded here in the Philippines. Yup I'm gonna join a group in Facebook discussing the same phone I have.

By the way, let's say I was able to access the CWM recovery? What will I do? Wipe Dalvik Cache? I don't wanna wipe data and reset everything.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Yeah if you can get into recovery you could start by restoring a backup youve made or wipe the cache and dalvic.. if they fail then it would be a factory reset. If that fails youre gona have to somehow get a working rom onto it.
Its really important that you get into download or recovery.. if you cant then the phone is pretty much the dreaded B*****d word :thumbdown: good luck man :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Did you make the stock backup with CWM? Just wondering whether that has ever worked.

If that phone has a download mode (or equivalent - would be fastboot on a HTC, not sure in yours) and you can find a recovery built for that phone you could try installing that. But as everyone says, your only real hope is if you can get that stock ROM backup on. Delete the S4 ROM as that's no use to you at all.

Reactions: dennevhyn31
Upvote 0
Sometimes when messing with stuff causes my phone to get stuck in the boot animation, I find that I still have ADB access to it. If you had USB debugging enabled, look up how to install the tools on your computer for ADB access. (You probably already know this and have the tools.) Then use adb push and adb shell to replace the font files with stock. Hopefully that will patch you up enough to get back to hacking around the way you want. ;)

Reactions: dennevhyn31
Upvote 0
Yeah if you can get into recovery you could start by restoring a backup youve made or wipe the cache and dalvic.. if they fail then it would be a factory reset. If that fails youre gona have to somehow get a working rom onto it.
Its really important that you get into download or recovery.. if you cant then the phone is pretty much the dreaded B*****d word :thumbdown: good luck man :thumbup:

I was able to resolve the problem. I was able to access the CWM recovery. The wipe Dalvik cache did not work so I had to restore a backup of my ROM. I was able to restore everything so now it looks like everything is working great! Good thing I backed up everything last week. Thanks everyone for your replies!

For those who are commenting about the Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM, it is a custom ROM modded to work on my phone. That ROM was not the original issue. The problem was caused by installing a new font using ROM Toolbox Pro. No need to worry or mind about the Samsung ROM. :p

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
For those who are commenting about the Samsung Galaxy S4 ROM, it is a custom ROM modded to work on my phone. That ROM was not the original issue. The problem was caused by installing a new font using ROM Toolbox Pro. No need to worry or mind about the Samsung ROM. :p

Often I'm one of those guys but this time I picked right up on what you were layin' down. I've been on both ends of that conversation. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
my phone also suffer like that after i install the icon or the notification background then reboot. after the boot animation , nothing happens.
You have to restore your nandroid backup or if you didn't make one, you'll have to reinstall the rom.

Fonts aren't guaranteed to work with everything.

ROM Toolbox warns about the importance of backups in the help section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones