• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot Loop - Recovery & Download mode work but no OS

girolez

Often Off Piste
May 29, 2011
Les Gets, France
www.lesgetschalets.com
My note 2 was set up like this:
TWRP 2.8.7.0
resurrection remix rom 5.5.9 lollipop
rooted supersu 2.49
nandroid backups on installed sdcard
last stock rom was 4.1.2 (early bootloader)

It got knocked on the floor and the battery fell out. Upon reboot it had uninstalled every app including all gapps - just rom apps present. I reinstalled the OS and gapps from scratch and it worked fine until..

A week later it rebooted without reason into a boot loop - without the loop, stuck on Galaxy Note2 logo.

It will boot into download mode
It will boot into TWRP - but twrp cannot mount any partitions (cannot mount sdcard) and says "no OS installed"

I have tried Heimdall to install a stock rom from my linux PC. It recognises the device but will not install due to no USB permissions (I suspect USB debugging is/was not enabled)

I think the device may have a hardware fault (and is beyond recovery) but if anyone has any ideas I'm listening!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones