1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Boot loop, Recovery Mode options not working, Download Mode not launching

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Robert Ludlum, May 16, 2016.

1. Robert Ludlum

Robert Ludlum Lurker
    None

May 16, 2016
    Male
    I have a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 which has served me very well.
    Yesterday I was fooling around with various options in Settings changing some options just for fun and then changing back to original.
    When I looked at Device Administrator settings, I saw Android Device Administrator and AVG Device Administrator. I enabled them both briefly, hoping to disable them a minute later.
    The phone rebooted immediately and went into a boot loop.
    I tried to wipe the partition cache but none of the menu options in Recovery Mode is working, even Reset factory.
    I am unable to get out of boot loop using the power button, only by removing the battery.
    Volume-Up+Power+Home button fails to bring up Download Mode.
    At one point, I accidentally ended up launching Odin Mode where it was stuck for ages until I removed the battery.
    Since then it only boots ordinarily into a boot loop OR Volume-Down+Power+Home will launch it in Recovery Mode where no menu option works.
    I have Odin, tar, etc on my pc from where I have reinstalled Android before,
    I can try to reinstall/restore my OS IF ONLY I can get the phone into Download Mode and detected by my pc.
    Any help will be welcome.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Well thats odd, I thought volDOWN+power+menu goes to a warning screen from which you press volUP once to go to download mode.

VolUP+power+home should boot to recovery mode. Anyway, from recovery mode, what exactly happens when you select say, reset with the volume buttons, and press the power button?

3. Robert Ludlum

Robert Ludlum Lurker
    None

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Most of the time pressing pressing Vol-UP/Down+Home+Power or simply Power button alone has no effect.
    But when recharging the battery display shows up.
    Is this phone bricked or soft-bricked?

4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    I'm not sure. Others who know more will probably help..

5. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Did you try plugging the phone to the PC when it is charging?does it display driver installer notification when plugged in?
    Does the phone continously boot loop or at some point rest on a all black screen,and does your recovery have update through adb option,and if so what does your device do when you select that option,finally did you download samsung mobile device driver setup for pc?

6. Robert Ludlum

Robert Ludlum Lurker
    None

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Now it has stopped powering on completely, even the bootloop is no more. :-(

7. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    What happened that made it stop charging but before it stoped powering on did you happen to try selecting update from adb in the recovery?i do not see how selecting two device administrator's can cause a boot loop but if its really is that critical you can try samsung kies.

8. Robert Ludlum

Robert Ludlum Lurker
    None

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for your query. I had to slap myself hard when I found out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to select the Wipe Partition Cache menu option using the Home key instead of the Power key. Problem solved since Wednesday.

Jfalls63 likes this.