1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Boot Loop To CWM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nbgorman, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Nbgorman

Nbgorman Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Hello, I opened rom manager to update my recovery and i went into a recovery and then went to "reboot system now" and it just takes me back to recovery.

THEN: when i do Power+volume up then volume down to cold boot linux my homescreen will not come up, just black screen however i can still open apps from my ICS clock bar on the bottom left... Any help would be appriciated

DETAILS: I am running Revolver 4 with Recovery version 5.8.3.4

:EDIT: My computer is also doing the BS no driver thing (says its installing driver, then says it cant because ther is none)

:EDIT: Also when i reboot using cold boot linux and I factory Reset< i go through all of the steps to sign into a device then it says "setup wizard has failed" or something along those lines

Advertisement

2. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    "self-employed"
    Canyon, TX
    I know the one click root program that installs the rogue recovery has a boot loop fix built into it. I had a similar situation where I tried flashing to the regular cwm recovery after having installed rogue and running a custom ROM. When I flashed over I boot looped and found out that the one click had that function. Worth a try but idk since your having issues recognizing drivers

3. Nbgorman

Nbgorman Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    It turned out I had first installed a touch recovery (which didn't work for tf101) and I had frogoten I had deleted my stock launcher (home) which is why I could not get home yet I could still access all apps