1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support boot loop without usb debugging enable

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Linh Huynh, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Linh Huynh

Linh Huynh Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    My phone is ZTE obsidian z820, android 5.1 lollipop, Tmobile, I root the phone using kingo root then use superSU me pro on the top of it, I reboot the phone now my phone is bricked, it shows tmobile logo and not going anywhere. I think it is in boot loop, I hard reset the phone, wipe out every thing, then do an integrity check, it shows error, a whole bunch of files in 2 directories /system/xbin and /system/bin has been modified. My phone went death, I can not even use usb cable connect my phone and my pc since usb debugging is off. I can not use adb, fastboot to fix it, I do have a 1 gb sd card. Is there any suggestions or advices to fix it, please...

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Hi, Welcome to Android Forums.:D

:(Not looking very good. I have researched and have hit nothing but dead ends. Doesn't look like there was any firmware release for your device. Seems to be quite a few in your predicament.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/rooting-zte-obsidian-tmobile-t3222869/page12

"Yeah, SuperSUme will bootloop you. At least the version I had along with the latest version of Kingroot did. Apparently there is NO love between the two devs, and they've basically declared war. I'm not saying Kingroot's devs put my device in a bootloop on purpose, but I do believe that either their "anti-SuperSUme" code or SuperSUme's "anti-Kingroot" code may've accidentally done so... BTW, anyone know what apocalyptical fate befalls anyone who dares to flash a Metro PCS ROM on a T-Mobile Z820? I mean, I'm sure your SIM becomes useless, but what else? I noticed most custom firmware is for the PCS version, and the author is always careful to state "METRO PCS VERSION *ONLY*" in the post... Almost like a nice, big red button that says "DO NOT PRESS..." [​IMG]"

The writing was on the wall.

From the same thread, somewhat encouraging:

"I think I've figured it out. As my z820 is now up and running as normal.
    What I did was fairly simple. As I noticed yesterday, after a few boot cycles, the device would boot into the OS GUI, saying that "Android is upgrading," well, I figured I'd let it sit there and bootloop overnight, as I also noticed, it upgraded itself further and further each time. So when I got up this morning, the device had booted into its stock rom.

So what you have to do is:

• Boot into stock Recovery (3e)
    • Wipe data/Factory Reset
    • Wipe Cache

After you're done with that, it'll take some patience. Just let it sit and do its thing either overnight, or check back every few hours to see if it has booted fully.
    This is the only method I have found so far to fix bootlooping, if anyone finds a faster method, please post here for everyone's convenience."
    I suggest you read through that thread. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I have been in your shoes.

ONE-CLICK ROOT APPS

Jfalls63 and Linh Huynh like this.
  3. Linh Huynh

Linh Huynh Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2016
    Male
    I have another question, if two people have the same phone model, carrier like ZTE obsidian z820 Tmobile, can one person do hard reset then back up file then give that back up file to rescue another person's phone?

4. IsaacGuti

IsaacGuti Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2014
    Male
    In my shell
    I don't think I can help you...but I can say that rooting is a high-risk task, before rooting a phone make sure it has enough development support.

If you had flashed a custom recovery for your device and made a backup you wouldn't be in this situation.