1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Boot looping / will not shut off or recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by belowHeights00, Mar 7, 2016.

1. belowHeights00

None

Feb 27, 2014
    I got my Moto e 4g wet (submerged for a minute) a few days ago. I made a bag of rice and threw it in there (unfortunately I also found out the battery isn't removable!). At the beginning it went into bootloader but not further and would stay on the screen. Now, 2 days since it was in the rice, it has been looping all night - sometimes going straight to the recovery splash screen and restart again...and sometimes the initial Motorola splash screen and restart again. I can get into bootloader with vol. down+power but it only wants to restart after about 3 seconds -- not to mention the power button to select factory reset or any other function isn't working, only the volume up/down buttons.
    I have noticed that if I hold the vol.up+power as I'm connected to my laptop I can use fastboot commands successfully.
    Does anyone have any advice for me. I just bought the thing few weeks ago and my favorite phone. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    The absolute worst thing you can do is to have power on while it is wet.

For the fist time ever I dropped a Turbo 2 into a pail of mop water for 5 seconds with the power on. I immediately took it out and powered off. I placed it in rice for 12 hours and then powered it on. It will totally discharge ion 5-6 hours and takes a long time to do some things like booting up.

I replaced it.

I think you will be replacing your phone. When you do you can probably get an additional insurance policy that will cover water damage to the new phone.

... Thom

3. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Good news is that they are under a hundred bucks now so you won't be out to much.

Hopefully you won't drop the new one [emoji6]

4. belowHeights00

None

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks folks. I think you're right about having to replace it..oh well :)

Thom and MLSS like this.