• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone documented the various boot methods for DX2? More specifically, I tended to purge the cache periodically on my DX. But the DX2 seems to have a much more extensive set of boot options. And of course there is no more camera button.

Old thread I happened across while Googling for something, but I'll put an answer up for others stumbling to here.

• Power down your phone
  • Hold the Volume Down button while holding the Power button and keep holding until you see "Fastboot" at the top
  • The Volume Down button scrolls through the options, the Volume Up selects an option
  • For recovery, scroll down to Android Recovery, then hit Volume Up (if you pass it, keep hitting Volume Down until it comes back around again)
  • When the Android with the triangle shows up, press Volume Up and Volume Down together
  • While in recovery Volume Up and Volume Down scroll, Power button selects

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones