• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot Screen

SotS

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
I've been struggling this for about two days now. If my phone is off, and I plug it to charge, it boots itself and freezes at the white Huawei screen. I've tried factory resetting, and it gets stuck at the same screen. I can't fastboot it, or anything. I can turn the phone on, and charge it while it stays on... everything works fine so long as that condition is met... but otherwise, no luck. Could anybody help me out? I've been searching and searching, and haven't found any answers related to this kind of problem.

Yeah. I've gone through all that sort of stuff. If I try booting into recovery, it sends me to the same screen. I've left the battery out for about a day before trying it again, and I've even tried reformatting my SD card, as well as trying without/with a second one to see if that would do anything. I've had no luck.

Upvote 0
ok i had the same problem when you did a factory reset you deleted the entire rom off your phone and didn't install another 1 that's why it gets stuck at the screen cause there is no rom to load up but this is what you do, there is a thread in rooted huawei ascend 2 called store back to stock rom, you download the stock rom and unzip that on a pc. if someone in your home has a android phone, the SD card you have put that in their phone after of course dismounting theirs from their own phone, grab a usb cord attach it to the pc, the stock rom file you unzipped put the file thats in it called DLOAD into the root of your SD card then then dismount your sd card and put it back into your phone and make sure its off and Volume UP first then hold Volume DOWN with out taking your fingers off it and hold the POWER BUTTON and you will restore it back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones