• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot stops at Droid eyeball - Any solution other than buying a new phone?

Is there any hope of recovering my Motorola Razr M or is my only solution to toss the phone and get a new one?

Late yesterday I updated 4 apps and downloaded the Microsoft Outlook email app. While I was test driving the Outlook app I ran low on juice so I plugged in my phone and decided to do some more testing later. After waited a few hours and when I tried to re-access the device nothing would display on the screen. I held down the power button and the device started to reboot and the Motorola M appeared and then it played the "Droid" sound and the Droid flashing eye appeared. At this point, the device only continued to display the eye and would never complete the boot to the home screen.

I thought, perhaps, something was messed up with the cache so I booted the phone into recovery mode and cleared the cache but upon restart the device got to the Droid flashing eye and would not boot to the home screen. After another attempt at clearing the cache and another failed boot I decided that the only potential solution was to wipe the phone and see if a fresh start would do the trick. Well, after doing the wipe twice my phone still gets to the point where it displays the droid flashing eye and just sit there doing nothing.

So again, is there any hope for this phone or is it time to get a new one? I really liked the size and features of this phone but right now it's a paperweight. If there's anything more I can do can someone please let me know? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones