• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i have the Hero..

it takes about 3 mins to be fully loaded.
The phone is past boot within 2 mins and you can navigate the phone and start apps, but take another min to load widgets. So the more widgets u use and apps that you want it to start at boot.. the longer it takes.

Note that i have a Hero (lower hardware power) on android 2.1.... so the EVO should be faster to process the boot sequence. My guess it will be less than 2 mins.

Upvote 0
i expected less then a minute boot time. im disappointed :(

whats with these long boot times. its very disheartening to hear and see

are u serious??? you are being sarcastic right?

It is a computer. small.. and not as powerful as your desktop PC.
How long does it take for your PC to boot up? It needs to do what it needs to do.

I seldom reboot my Hero. only when I am jacking with the system..ie ROMs and Upgrades and themes.
so.. once in a few weeks.. if I need... I do what I need to do with the phone changes... hit power up.. walk away. next time I need to use the phone.. I am positive it will be up and ready. what they say about watching and waiting for water to boil?

How often do you need to take out your SDcard?
You can hot swap your SDcard if you wish. I just prefer to shut it down first. I use A2sd, so want to keep things straight.

Upvote 0
are u serious??? you are being sarcastic right?

It is a computer. small.. and not as powerful as your desktop PC.
How long does it take for your PC to boot up? It needs to do what it needs to do.

I seldom reboot my Hero. only when I am jacking with the system..ie ROMs and Upgrades and themes.
so.. once in a few weeks.. if I need... I do what I need to do with the phone changes... hit power up.. walk away. next time I need to use the phone.. I am positive it will be up and ready. what they say about watching and waiting for water to boil?

How often do you need to take out your SDcard?
You can hot swap your SDcard if you wish. I just prefer to shut it down first. I use A2sd, so want to keep things straight.

my computer takes no more than 30 seconds (probably closer to 20 seconds).
the iphone loads up in about a minute.

coming from the pre which can takes up to 5 minutes. yes i expect it to load up within 1-2 minutes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones