1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Boot up animation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Madroxide, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Madroxide

Madroxide Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Boost Sales Rep
    Huntsville
    I'm still kinda new to the rooting thing. But I have my Ultra rooted and was wondering if there is a way to change to boot up animation?

Advertisement

2. sr17091

sr17091 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2012
    United States
  3. abrahamramirez

abrahamramirez Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 1, 2011
    chevanlol360 likes this.
  4. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    No need to msg me but you still can if you want anyway if you download my theme open the zip file and you should see system listed in the folder open it and then open media again you will find the file bootanimation.zip take that out and paste it to your desktop when finished with that connect your phone to your computer and turn on USB storage move the animation.zip fie over to your sd card. When finished turn of USB storage and if you dont already you will need a file explorer that you can explore the phone system files with. I would recomend ES file explore for the job it is free in the market, when you download it and open the app click the menu button tap on settings and scroll down all the way to the bottm of the list and check the options root explorer and mount file system a superuser popup should apear click allow when your finally done with all that its time to add the bootanimation.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE NOW WITH CWM

Disclaimer: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMGED CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE.

First with the ES file explorer app locate where you had put the bootanimatiom.zip file on your sd card, when you find it hold down on it when the popup appears choose "move to" then at the top of the ES file explorer tap on favorties and tap on the icon that looks like a phone, then navigate to system then media after that scroll till you find the stock bootanimation .zip delete it and then paste the new bootanimation.zip file and reboot your phone and you should see your brand new booot animation.

DravenXcore likes this.
  5. h20

h20 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2012
    000xx0x0x000
    Daytona Beach FL
    this will work with the stock rom?

6. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    yes It will work with any rom:)

7. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    HVAC Sheetmetal Mechanic/ Service Tech
    Washington Dc
    if you really want to keep it simple...there is an app on the market called Rom Toolbox...this app is like 10 apps included in one...titanium backup..root explorer..setcpu..and many others..im not sure if everything works with TU..but i do know the option to change your boot ani does work..theres a bunch to look through and you can even preview them..download it and the app will make a backup of your current boot ani ..then apply your choosen boot ani..automatically reboot and your good..only downside is ..its a paid app..but i used it on the prevail and its worth every penny..and ive already used it to change my TU boot ani..I am running stock..and rooted

8. DravenXcore

DravenXcore Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2012
    New Jersey
    Holy cow. I don't mean to bump an old thread, but jesus! The things you can do with an android some may never know about! Thanks, Chevan! That's one hell of a bootani! I love it!