1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Boot up problems with BWC 7in Tablet.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DerekHarrison, Jan 17, 2014.

1. DerekHarrison

DerekHarrison Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    I'm new here so please excuse me if I get things wrong to begin with.
    I'm am reasonably good with Windows PC's and this is my 1st foray into Android/Linux.
    I purchased my wife a BWC 7in Tablet from Amazon for Christmas, yes I do know that it's a budget tablet but it seems to work pretty much as it should. She has been really pleased with it although she mostly only uses it for playing games such as available from Playstore and Amazon.
    I believe it came with Jelly Bean 4.2 pre-installed and since turning it on it has upgraded to 4.2.1. There is only 512mb ram, and a 4Gb hdd but have also added a 32Gb SD card as a supplement.
    She has now started to have a problem when turning it on. It appears to boot as normal all the way to the usual home screen. Then things seem to go wrong and the tablet will reboot all over again to the home screen from which point it is then fully usable.
    The tablet does seem more sluggish than when she first started using it but I presume that's because she has installed lots of game apps. Besides the games I have installed Avast Mobile Security and AB-Plus. Avast Anti Theft was also installed but I un-installed that yesterday, which took several attempts to do, but that has not made any difference to the double booting issue.
    Wonder if anyone else has similar issues or could advise on a fix please. Any input would be appreciated.
    I call it double booting but that may not be exactly what is happening, just our perception. I have noticed that when this happens the screen does not go blank(dead) as the backlight is still on until the little droid appears again and fills with beans for a 2nd time.

Advertisement

2. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    kinda jack of trades
    jonesbough tn
    dose it gave a deadedcated power botton and volume botton if it dose u can do a factory reset

3. DerekHarrison

DerekHarrison Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestion roadkill.

Yes the tablet does have the power and volume up/down buttons. I have read some about a factory reset but I'm sure that when I mention this to her indoors (my wife) she will throw a hissy fit as it will, no doubt, mean losing all the games she has installed. The only other apps on there are Avast, AdBlocker-Plus and Dolphin Browser which I installed for her. Had wondered if this isn't a reboot at all but is Avast, jumping in, and doing a system scan.

Since posting I have read about some problems described as Jelly Bean re-drawing the home screen and I'm not sure this is same issue as she has. Each time it is booted everything appears to boot as normal right the point of getting to the home screen but then within a few seconds there is a black screen, still backlight though, and then the little droid filling with beans for a second time to the home screen from which point the device is usable.

Am I right in thinking that a factory reset will remove all apps installed since opening the box?

4. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    kinda jack of trades
    jonesbough tn
    yes but if u installed them throught the play store u can reinstall them my tab has jelly bean to after i rooted it my problems went away i was able to get rid of all the bloat ware go to freak tab web site or xda u can find some more info there im by nomeans an pro at this but i have done my phone to just b patcance and follow all instrotions to the letter or u brick it have fun and hope this helps u some