1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bootanimation help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by istolvampire, Jan 26, 2011.

1. istolvampire

istolvampire Android Enthusiast

Can someone tell me if i can put my bootanimation some where other than system/media so when i am changing roms I don't have to manually reload it each time? Thanks

Like the way my custom splash screen stays on no matter what I do.

ps. Same with my font?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. istolvampire

istolvampire Android Enthusiast

So this stores it on the sdcard and the phone just reads it from there every time it boots?

I have to use terminal because of being stored on sdcard or can I manually move it to data/local?

If I can move it to data/local manually if I wipe data/cache does it remove it?

Sorry for all the ?'s but I am still a little confused. Thanks again for your help

3. LiQuIDzGrL

LiQuIDzGrL Newbie

If u have it on the data/local n u wipe data n cache it will erase it if u don't have a boot ani in data/local it will read from system media but when its in data/local it trumps so to speak and reads from there first ignoring stem media copy it using rootexplorer or terminal n put it on ur sdcard in a backup folder n afternew rom install and wipe just replace

istolvampire likes this.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

So far there is no way to significantly 'keep' your boot animations between roms. That includes the fact that you cannot run them from your sdcard. You can, however, save your favorite one on your sdcard and then copy it to either /system/media/ or /data/local/ making sure it is named "bootanimation.zip". I prefer /data/local/ as you usually don't have to mount the system as read/write.

good luck

istolvampire likes this.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews