1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bootanimation.zip gone wild

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by its420oclock, Feb 4, 2011.

1. its420oclock

its420oclock Lurker

This is the goal, the Apple "apple" flies in from the back, The android man eats the apple, the screen turns white, the text "android" fade in to green. This is the problem, it loads the animation, it plays the animation, however, it plays it all mixed up. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! <== bootanimation.zip download link.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Android Enthusiast

I changed a couple things, not quite sure which one did the trick, and I'm not going to bother tracing back.

1. Shorten .gif names (I THINK this was the thing that fixed it)
    2. Add a 2nd part which will be the "static" image after the animation has run the course
    3. Change frames from 30 to 20 (it's probably way too slow now, but you can play with that. i'm almost positive this wasn't what was causing the issue)

Additional Comments:
    * If this is running on a Captivate, the resolution is 480 x 800; NOT 400 x 800
    * Your animation is pretty choppy. I'd have a more subtle animation from frame to frame.
    * Image quality isn't too great. Compounded with the above,...I've seen better.

Here's your bootani after I tinkered with it:
    AFbootanimation.zip - Remove "AF" from the file name.
    (I'm pulling this off my MediaFire by the end of the weekend)

3. its420oclock

its420oclock Lurker

Thanks! I appreciate the criticism! My future boot animations will be much better. Please check out the MegaMan X boot animation I had made.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews