1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bootanimation.zip

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alltexan2010, Sep 22, 2011.

1. alltexan2010

alltexan2010 Newbie
    None

May 22, 2011
    I have a rooted Galaxy Indulge. I am tying to change the boot animation. I have been able to remove the stock startup animation. It was relating to a qmg file; bootsamsung.qmg I believe. Since I am removing qmg files, will I be able to get the phone to recognize the bootanimation.zip? I have followed all instructions that I can find online, as to where to place the bootanimation.zip, but no luck. All I get is the Samsung title, and then a black screen. I don't know what could be wrong. I have even tried multiple copies to make sure it isn't a bad file. (FYI it's the R2D2 boot animation). I have tried /data/local and /system/media without luck. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement

2. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    The boot logo is locked in a proprietary format by Samsung. Unless you have the program to change it to a qmg, your boot animation will not work.
    you need to install Basix in order to change boot animations, I believe.
    (If I'm wrong about this, please, someone, enlighten me. K0nane? Silvist?PlayfulGod?)

3. Scrollocked

Scrollocked Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    While we are on the topic of boot animation could anyone help me with removing the audio track on shutdown?