1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bootanimations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShinySide, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    So I know how to put animations together from messing around in some premade one I have downloaded. I want to make my own, question is how do I take, say a youtube video or movie,etc, and turn it into a bunch of still pictures for use in a bootanimation?

Advertisement

2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Male
    Web Design and Hosting/PC Repair
    NW Georgia
    think that can be done with windows movie maker even. Just open said video, right click on the frames you want and save as image.

ShinySide likes this.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Been playing around with it for an hour, only way I can find to do it is to take a screen shot every split second of the video to turn it into a bunch of still images. Which I can do with out a animation if I have to do that ahaha

4. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    I found a couple programs that are free (well trail versions) on CNet, the first one that worked really good of course left freakin water marks right in the middle of the pics and then I tried another program but it, when set on automatic, would just keep repeating the first couple of scenes. But that program had where you could take snap shots manually which I just hit play and went ape Sh*t clicking the snap shot button while it played the part I want, I then took the original boot animation from PG's 0912 extracted it and replaced the photos with mine, then threw it all back in a zip and put it on my phone. But when the animation should play on boot all I get is a black screen. Think I have to resize all the pics for it to work. Which I believe there are some programs to do resize a batch of photos with.

6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    yep resizing it will work also did you change anything in the txt file, and if you google it there is a site that will let you upload your pics and you can click what size you want them to be and it will do it for your. try this http://www.picresize.com/

ShinySide likes this.