• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root booting after a system wipe in CWM...

It's only a factory reset, so nothing too bad would happen. You'd just have to re-wipe the phone before flashing.

You can flash files that reformat all of the system directories (to change between different file systems), so that would be more along the lines of what you were wondering. I wouldn't go out of my way to test it, but pulling the battery for a second and then booting to recovery should work just fine if you accidentally tried to boot without any OS.

Upvote 0
It's only a factory reset, so nothing too bad would happen. You'd just have to re-wipe the phone before flashing.

You can flash files that reformat all of the system directories (to change between different file systems), so that would be more along the lines of what you were wondering. I wouldn't go out of my way to test it, but pulling the battery for a second and then booting to recovery should work just fine if you accidentally tried to boot without any OS.

cool. thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones