1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Booting Problem with new ROM (Sapphire 1.1.1)...Bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gobirds895, Sep 16, 2010.

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I had problems with UD 8.0 and the market for some reason, so I decided to go back to Sapphire, but a newer version ((1.1.1). I d/l it through ROM Manager, and wiped/cleared data/cache. When the phone rebooted, the 'setup wizard' wouldnt open and kept force closing, and also said the dialer was force closing. This kept repeating after I clicked force close and I was unable to begin the setup wizard. I tried rebooting into recovery and wiping again, and some other adjustments in recovery, but everytime I reboot the phone this force close issue comes up and wont allow me to start up the phone. I dont have any backups of previous ROMs. Is this a Sapphire issue? How can I go about fixing this so the phone functions with or without Sapphire?

Advertisement

2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Can't you just load a new stable rom? You can get into recovery right? If not flash recovery again from rom manager.

If you can get into recovery but not the phone just download a rom via the pc using whatever way the rom is suppose to be installed manually. Most roms have instructions for this.

This is how I always do it via SPrecovery. Never fails me.

3. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I can get into recovery and i tried a few different ROMs ive downloaded and all do the same thing so far, but i cant access ROM Manager because I cant open the phone with setup wizard after wiping it (force close popup constantly)..

4. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Have you tried puling the battery for a few minutes?

Was sapphire the rom with the Gapp fix? If so I think there is a Gapp zip you need to flash. I will try to find a copy of Gapps but you will need Sprecovery to flash it I think. I never use Clockwork so I wouldn't know.

Have you looked in recovery to see if the Gapps file is listed under the Sapphire rom file? I can't seem to find my Gapps file. Still not sure why you can't flash a new rom but I guess you have removed the Google apps and just need them back.

5. jjuanico

jjuanico New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I had to boot into recovery and install the backup.