1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bootloader Bypassing: Loki ported to LG Optimus F7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sammyz, Jul 29, 2013.

1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

What is loki?

It's something Dan Rosenberg wrote (the guy who rooted the LG Spirit, unlocked the Motorolla phones based on msm8960 processor, and rooted a ton of other phones). It was originally made for The Samsung Galaxy S4 for the AT&T and Verizon variants because those phones have locked bootloaders. What it does is bypass the bootloader by telling the aboot (bootloader)to check elsewhere for the boot.img's signature and then boots the phone (something like that) (signature is what keeps your device from getting a security error, if you were to flash boot.img that doesn't have LG's signed key or patched with loki, you would have gotten a security error and would need to unbrick).

This loki patches recovery.img and boot.img so now you can have custom kernels and recoveries.

Source: https://github.com/djrbliss/loki
    Edit: It says LG Optimus L7...that's a typo.

Good luck. :) This is your way to custom recovery and kernels.

You're lucky the phone is supported. Please use it to your advantage.

Once you have a custom kernel and recovery, you will never have to worry about what apps you delete ever again.

If you would like to donate to drjrbliss for porting loki, please do so here:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0

Read the readme in the source if you'd like to use loki.

NumbChops and Rally 517 like this.
  2. rpdrizzy

rpdrizzy Member

I just got the phone (switched from the HTC One V) and will get on this as soon as possible.

3. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

When you said unbrick in the OP, how would you do it? Lg tools?

4. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Android Enthusiast

Yeah lg tools is what would be used

5. k28king1

k28king1 Android Enthusiast

Lg tools can't be used, unless you can find the dll file to enter...the download link for the file says access denied...

6. sortoh85

sortoh85 Well-Known Member

Flow instructions very careful it happened to me too, there is a file u have to move from. Download to a sub folder and remove original file

7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Well why didn't you post in thread saying dll file won't download, access denied? I can get links to stuff that dies, just tell me it died and I'll fix the link.

LG Optimus F7 Forum

The LG Optimus F7 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 2540mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews