1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bootloader doens't react

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yassyn, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Yassyn

Yassyn Lurker

Hey guys,
    I've got a problem with my phone. When I try to start it with the battery inserted it goes to this bootloader screen:
    However, all the listed buttons are currently unresponsive, so I can't select an option. If I try to start the phone without the battery but with the power plug inserted the screen stays black but the notification led flashes red and green.
    I think this got caused by a downpour of rain in wich I found myself cycling yesterday. Now I can hear you thinking that the phone is probrably hopeless if the problem was caused by water, but the thing is that after I left it to dry for a bit it initialy reacted quite smoothly to me pressing the volume rocker. I then selected 'Fastboot', and since this action the buttons don't react anymore. So my thinking is the hardware can't be entirely shot, and one of you guys might know a way to get some responsivenes back. I was thinking/hoping there might be a way to do a hard reset from the sd card?

I'm sorry I made you read such a long post, but thanks for reading. I hope somebody can help me.

Greetings

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Its as if the volume down button is stuck down. It may be too late as its been powered on, but dismantle the phone (remove back cover and battery) and submerge the phone in a bowl or bag of rice for 24-48 hours to suck out all the moisture.

It may help, for a while, but ultimately - water damage is fatel to devices. Its very corrosive. We would stand more of a chance had it not had power (and heat) running through it.

For info, from off, holding vol down and power, does get you to the hboot screen, but if you continue to hold it, you cannot use any other buttons.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews