• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bootloader & getvar Info

Caller100

Lurker
Jul 13, 2015
Hi folks.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the M8 forum, in order to fully understand and translate the Bootloader and Getvar information of my phone.

I have a HTC One M8 and it continuously boots into the Bootloader. Now instead of me looking for the quick way out and just ask someone for the Stock SW (which i will need later anyway). I want to completely understand what information do i need to note in the Bootloader and the Getvar information, in order to find the exact stock software for my phone.

Phone Model: 0PKV100

Here is my Bootloader info:

*** Software status: Official ***
*** LOCKED ***
M8QL_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.000
RADIO-INVALID_VER_INFO
OS
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Aug 13 2015,21:18:08.0

Here is the getvar info:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: INVALID_VER_INFO
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: XA SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: m8ql_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8939
(bootloader) modelid: 0PKV1****
(bootloader) cidnum: ORANG001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 42756eb7
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
(bootloader) mfg-name:
all: Done!
finished. total time: 15.964s

Now i know my problem has been repeatedly asked on the forums, however, there are so many different combinations to take into consideration before someone (noob like me) can know exactly which stock software i can download and flash on to my phone.

Instead of going back & forth with questions and answers, i would rather try to work it out myself.

From the Bootloader and getvar information above, which information do i note down, so that i can then find the correct stock software for my phone, and where from?

Questions about the Bootloader

*** Software status: Official ***
*** Software status: Modified ***
*** TAMPERED ***
Sometimes i see Official, Modified or Tampered, what are the differences?

*** LOCKED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
Sometimes i see locked, unlocked or relocked, what do they mean?

M8QL_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
M8_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
MEM_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
Sometimes i see these, why the differences?

getvar

version-main: (what is this?)
cidnum: ORANG001
Is this the only information i need to note from the getvar information in order to find the correct stock software for my phone:

Flashing processes

Am i correct in stating that the four most common software flashing methods are:
1. Install Recovery program (twrp or cwm) to flash stock software.
2. Install Nandroid Backup from the forums (for my phone model) using either twrp or cwm.
3. Place stock image.zip on sdcard and reboot phone to initiate automatic flash.
4. Run a suitable RUU.

Finally, looking at my HTC One M8 phone Bootloader and getvar information above, where can i download the stock software from, so that i can revert my phone back to factory state please?

I have not been able to find the answers to my questions, so please excuse me if they are somewhere on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones