• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader tells me "Connect USB" when it is connected?

Frinkiac

Nov 28, 2011
Hi all,

Trying to flash to my phone, I hold up on the D pad and the power button and get the message, "Battery OK OK to program Connect USB Data Cable."

I have the USB cable connected. It's the original cord that came with the phone and I have the drivers installed. When not in boot mode it allows me to do USB storage and everything else with the phone. Why is it not recognizing it now and what can I do so that the message says: "Transfer Mode: USB" ?

TYIA for any help.

If you boot up to the activation screen, does it recognize it as a USB connection? Can you charge via USB or A/C? Just trying to decide if it's the phone port or the computer.

Regular boot up recognizes the USB and lets me charge or open up the files on the MOT phone or the SD card. Drivers were previously installed before all of this issue began so I don't think that's the problem. I wonder if it's because USB Debugging Mode isn't on, I assume it would be reset when I did the factory reset? Problem is that I can't get past the activation screen because of the error message...makes it impossible to click on anything.

Starting to lose hope here guys, I even tried to buy a D3 off craigslist today but it was locked when I called Verizon to activate it. Luckily the seller let me call right from there and try to activate it otherwise I would have been screwed.

Upvote 0
Regular boot up recognizes the USB and lets me charge or open up the files on the MOT phone or the SD card. Drivers were previously installed before all of this issue began so I don't think that's the problem. I wonder if it's because USB Debugging Mode isn't on, I assume it would be reset when I did the factory reset? Problem is that I can't get past the activation screen because of the error message...makes it impossible to click on anything.

Starting to lose hope here guys, I even tried to buy a D3 off craigslist today but it was locked when I called Verizon to activate it. Luckily the seller let me call right from there and try to activate it otherwise I would have been screwed.

Instead of trying to touch the Android to go through set up, touch the corners of the display in this order: top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left. This should bypass set up. Or you could try to hit the menu key and access settings from the initial set up screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones