1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bootloader unlocking screen freezes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by julienw, Nov 25, 2012.

1. julienw

julienw New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hi,

I got a used Nexus S from someone who warned me that it might not work again.

The bootloader was in unlocked mode so I tried to upload a clockworkmod recovery, which worked, except it couldn't mount sdcard or system. I figured it was maybe normal since there is no sdcard in the Nexus S, even if no tutorial ever mention this.

So then CWM couldn't format anything, or do a reset, or whatever.

So I went back to a more extreme solution: lock back the bootloader and then unlock it again.

The lock worked well. The unlock doesn't work at all.

So I type "fastboot oem unlock" and I get the unlocking screen. When I choose "yes", nothing happens and it freezes. I can only remove the battery to turn it off.

Well, that's it. I can't push anything new with fastboot because the bootloader is in locked mode. But I can still access my CWM recovery and do an "adb shell" in this state, so maybe I can do some things from there (like unlock the bootloader ?)

I think there is a hardware problem but I'm not sure I could get a replacement from Samsung (because it's a used phone) so if you can suggest any other solution, I'm in !

Thanks !

Advertisement

Tags: