1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bootloader with broken camera button??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dzeb, Oct 10, 2010.

1. dzeb

dzeb New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    So, I have a X that has 2.1 -update 1 on it that I got from a friend. I want to have 2.2 on it but when I try to update the phone OTA, it says that I am up to date. So I am guessing that are some things he played with that is making this not work.

What I am hoping I can acomplish is get stock 2.2 on my X even if it involves RSD lite or other methods.

RSD was the way I was going to go, untill I ran into the problem that the camera button does not work, so i can not get into the bootloader.

Also, adb reboot bootloader isn't working, and rooting and trying to get Clockwork Recovery to work isn't doing what I need.

So I am out of ideas on how to get 2.2 or any other ROM for that matter on my X.

Any way I can get into bootloader or a way to put roms on my phone?

Thanks,
    DZ

Advertisement

2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you pretty much need that button to work to select options in the recovery menu.

3. dzeb

dzeb New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    The thing is in normal recovery, I am able to select using the menu hardkey.

I have tried clockwork, and when ever I try to install from SD card, it reboots but never goes into recovery. It just boots up normally.

This is just getting me frustrated, I have tried everything I can think of and nothing comes close to working. Any one else have ideas?