• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bootloader

cell2011

Android Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2011
charleston WV
After wiping everything from having clockwork 2.5 recovery and wanting to go to stock. The phone is in bootloader and blinks "battery low" and "cannot program" also after a few minutes it blinks to the M logo. I have to take the battery out then back in and power button and dtap but same thing happens I dont know what i did the battery was fine before. I think i wiped it clean maybe even bricked it. Dont know

After wiping everything from having clockwork 2.5 recovery and wanting to go to stock. The phone is in bootloader and blinks "battery low" and "cannot program" also after a few minutes it blinks to the M logo. I have to take the battery out then back in and power button and dtap but same thing happens I dont know what i did the battery was fine before. I think i wiped it clean maybe even bricked it. Dont know

If you can load up the bootloader you are not bricked. That said can you post the details of what you did to try and get back to stock? This will help us help you.

It sounds like you can't get to recovery and your rom is corrupt, but without knowing more about what you did I am guessing.

Upvote 0
I did have cyanogen 6 and i notice no market and i had sipgate google voice call back everything before rooting. Well i decided to do clockwork and cyanogen. After noticing no market. I wiped everything thinking id get back to stock the OTA 2.2 where i started. I noticed battery low all the time and bootloader and M flashing right after but never getting passed that for home screen at all. Why would it said cannot program and battery low. Last thing i was able to do was nandroid backup and even then it said sd card-ext was not found. Btw the battery was always good what could have drained this? And shouldnt the phone work off the USB cable without battery just curious?

Upvote 0
I did have cyanogen 6 and i notice no market and i had sipgate google voice call back everything before rooting. Well i decided to do clockwork and cyanogen. After noticing no market. I wiped everything thinking id get back to stock the OTA 2.2 where i started. I noticed battery low all the time and bootloader and M flashing right after but never getting passed that for home screen at all. Why would it said cannot program and battery low. Last thing i was able to do was nandroid backup and even then it said sd card-ext was not found. Btw the battery was always good what could have drained this? And shouldnt the phone work off the USB cable without battery just curious?

When you wipe it does not take you back to stock. Only flashing a stock rom will do that. Try powering on the phone while holding down the X key. It should put you into recovery if clockwork recovery is still there. Then you can restore your nandroid back up and reflash a different rom. If you cannot enter recovery then you're probably gonna have to use Rsd lite 4.6 to flash a new recovery.

The reason you had no market is because with Cyanogen you have to flash the rom AND gapps to have all the google apps such as market.

Upvote 0
Then you will need to try and use rsd lite 4.6 to reflash a recovery and get back up and running. You can find the link for using rsd and other options below:

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/136508-guide-all-things-root-related.html

I am not a guru on rsd so I will not be able to walk you through that. There are a number of people here who can so be patient and they should comment. Also look up teddyearp on here and check out his site (locate it via his account info on here) as he has a bunch on useful info on restoring the droid. Let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0
Hi there im at clockwork recovery i dont know where to go after that i dont want to do anything wrong? Where do i scroll down too? Ive done nandroid backup before now what? Do i got to nandroid and restore boot?

If your in recovery you have two choices. You can reflash your CM ROM that you downloaded and loaded first. Or you can flash your nandroid back up.

To flash a nandroid back up do the following:

You can navigate using the volume rocker. The camera button selects a choice and the power button takes you back up through the menus. That said do the following:

1. From recovery select "nandroid" option
2. Select "restore"
3. Select the backup that you want and approve it.
4. After is is installed navigate back up to the main menu using power button and reboot phone. Your backup should load and you can now choose a different rom to flash instead of wiping things. (do wipe data and cache prior to flashing the new rom.)

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be around here for a couple of hours now.

Upvote 0
Hi there ty how do i know which one to pick there are 3 images to select i dont know what to pick one is 3.17 the other is 12.57 and 14.01 are these the times of the download? Where do i go after this?

If you made them through Clockwork they will be labelled on the data and time you made them using military time. I am assuming that you have dates in front of the three numbers you listed. If so 14.01 should be the last update you made.

What did you update? The stock ROM prior to flashing CM or just the CM you loaded?

Upvote 0
Just the CM? How do i get the battery cycle back if seems like it wont stay on unless on charger which it is right now not USB. Should i restore 14.01 and reboot do i hold power button and reboot with the navg?

Choose 14.01 since they should all be the same. If something goes wrong we can try another one. Once you choose it and it flashes then navigate back up and reboot. Lets not worry about the battery right now since your software is all srewed up. It may be a self correcting problem.

Upvote 0
I reboot system and held power off nothing came up. Do i turn it back on or if i cant since the battery where should i go in recovery now try another image? I seem to have to take plug out then back in to get to the M sign should i go back in recovery again. Should i also do a backup i did one yesterday i dont know if it remembers it?

Upvote 0
I reboot system and held power off nothing came up. Do i turn it back on or if i cant since the battery where should i go in recovery now try another image? I seem to have to take plug out then back in to get to the M sign should i go back in recovery again. Should i also do a backup i did one yesterday i dont know if it remembers it?

When you choose reboot system you choose it with the camera button. If it is powered off try and turn it back on. Don't try another backup unless this one doesn't load. The moto symbol is the bootloader portion, when the word Droid (or whatever animation CM uses) comes up it is the ROM loading.

Upvote 0
Nothing comes up i have to stay charged because the battery issue of the recovery. Where should i go now? Should i try another image ? and reboot?

I am confused.

What happened why you flashed the back up?
What happened when you hit rebbot system?
When you say nothign comes up do you mean the phone is dead?
Can you get to recovery?

Upvote 0
Yes i did the nan backup yesterday but phone has been messed up should i do it again. I kept thinking battery issue but thats never been the problem when i got it in fact it stayed on for 2 days i just got this on Ebay used phone but its fine.

What happened on the screen when you flashed the back up?
Can you still get into recovery?

Upvote 0
I did notice the M stays on at least its not going on and off like it did maybe its waiting to do something. I remember when i first got this it didnt turn on right away all of a sudden it came on.

Hold off flashing anything else until we work out what happened. When the M comes up it may take a bit to load your back up the first time.

How long does it stay?
Does the M go off then back on again or just stay on?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones