• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bootloop after flashing AOKP ICS ROM

I downloaded the AOKP ROM put it on root of SD, along with the GoogleApp zip. Went into recovery (revolutionary cwm) and wiped phone, installed update then installed Google apps zip and both said successful but after selecting reboot I see the new colored checkered boxes going in circle but then it freezes and reboots to white screen w/ green HTC letters and then to collpred boxes and reboots... so on and so on.
My hboot screen is as follows
Pyramid pvt ship s-off RL
Hboot -1.17.1111
Radio-10.14.9035.01_M
EMMC

Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4

That's all I have unless reflash back to 2.3 which was my last back up.

does your backup restore just fine?

from your radio,looks like you are still on t mobile GB stock firmware,wich prolly is why the ICS rom is not working. most ICS roms will have a recomendation for certain fimrware that you must flash as a PG58IMG file.

if you provide a link for your rom,we can check into that a lil more.

you can also go ahead and download this: PG58IMG-firmware-for-1.50.531.1.zip

its the firmware for your stock t mobile rom. if you do decide to flash new firmware and try some ics roms,youll need to flash the GB firmware before you can restore your GB backup.

Upvote 0
Install AOKP Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC Sensation

This was where i got the rom, and yes the original restore flashed just fine. I sold the sensation and gotrhe Bionic from vzw. I flashed with revolutionary on thay sensation but other than that ive nevee flashed. All of these roms that say to download 5 things and flash them all confise me. I have flashed my old samsing fascinate with odin. But Htc flasging makes me nervous, seems like they are all different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones