• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloop after Tacoroot, Revolutionary + TWRP

beezerhale

Lurker
May 27, 2013
I am helping a friend with his HTC Incredible 2. Helping may not be the best choice of words.

Long story short --- he was on android 2.3.4 and wanted to root. He called me.

I used Tacoroot to downgrade to 2.3.3 and the Revolutionary (windows version) to obtain Beta Key and installed CWM.

Apparently this method does not properly install CWM and I have a bootloop when I try to power on the phone. I wish that would have come to my attention sooner.

I finally was able to flash (command prompt) TWRP. I used the image file marked 2.3.3.0 because that matches the android version of the phone. I am not sure if that matters.

Still ... I can get into TWRP. However, the bootloop still persists. I think I need to flash something using TWRP, but I am not sure.

What next? He is ok with flashing a custom rom. Is that what needs to be done? Can I flash the stock rom again? Does it matter which?

Any help is appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones