1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Bootloop. also vol button isnt working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adam T, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Adam T

Adam T Lurker
    None

May 18, 2016
    Male
    Ok my phone stuck in bootloop and volume buttons dont work.
    therefore
    - i cant reboot into fastboot or recovery
    - i cant connect my phone to usb - it blips in and out as my phone keeps rebooting.
    - when i plug it while its turned off it gets weird. the screen goes back and forth between the charging battery icon and TWRP recovery screen. same thing happens when i plug it to the wall to charge. but even that wont let me access to recovery.

All and all im screwed as far as i can tell. ill try to fix the button, but in the meantime, if you can make any suggestions im all for it, Help pls.

htc desire 601

Advertisement

2. rothe

rothe Well-Known Member
    None

There have been a few times that my phone has done really weird things, and it has inevitably been related to some contaminant getting into the USB port. I've had dust, pocket lint, moisture or even sea salt (from getting my shorts wet while walking near the ocean) get in there. When weirdness ensues, I now know to start with a vacuum cleaner and the brush attachment, working the brush into the port so as to loosen and remove anything thst might get in there. If I suspect moisture, I'll add a good spray of electronics cleaner into the port, and then let it dry for a few hours. I hope that it's obvious that you'd do these measures with the phone off and the battery out.

The sea salt was the most interesting problem, as the phone never seemed to actually get wet when I had my splash by the beach. But over the next few weeks, whenever the humidity was high - a common thing in New Jersey in the summer - the phone would start wigging out. Apparently, a fine deposit of salts on the contacts was attracting moisture from the air, condensing and shorting out some contacts.

Another thought: the same issues could also affect the headphone jack, so you might as well vacuum, brush and clean that out too.

One last point: buy electronics cleaner from your local auto parts store. You'll get a bigger spray can for less money than you would from a source like Radio Shack, if they even stock it anymore.

Hope this helps! Report back and let us know!

3. Adam T

Adam T Lurker
    None

May 18, 2016
    Male
    thank you for the feedback. the bootloop is caused by custom rom setting, probably due to incompatible kernel. And the volume button is physically broken, the ribbon is cracked. I know exactly what is wrong, however im unable to fix it. i need a way to get into recovery/fastboot/bootloader without using volume keys until i get new set of volume ribbon.