• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloop / no help with wiping

plaguer

Jun 12, 2012
States
I've been running MIUI 3.2.8 shooter for a few weeks now with no problems. I thought I would experiment with some other ROMs, and to put a long story short, forgot I needed S-Off to use Cyanogenmod.

I am S-On, unlocked, and rooted.

CM loaded up to the boot screen and then eventually just turned off and bootlooped. I figured it wasn't a big deal, I had made a nandroid backup before I flashed. I wiped everything and restored my backup, only to start into a bootloop. Was weird, but still didn't think it was a big deal. Wiped again, completely reflashed my MIUI ROM. Still bootloop.

I read on another forum the reason I was doing this was because I had to install the kernel separately, and someone suggest Mean Bean. I wiped, flashed, still bootloop. At this point I'm sort of at a loss. I don't really care about getting back to my original ROM right now, or losing data, as I was already preparing to experiment and have a fresh phone.

I'm still pretty much a n00b when it comes to things like this, but I thought I had a good enough handle on the concept of ROMs to fix this. Hopefully someone can give me better advice than to just wipe. (Because I have. Oh so many times.) I've tried my original MIUI ROM, a different MIUI, and the Mean Bean.

Update: I wiped everything a did a new flash of my original MIUI ROM I had saved on my SD card. It boots up fine, I get through the installation process with no problems. It says everything has been installed and to click Next, then freezes. I eventually pull the battery and restart, and it bootloops all over again.

Also, even when having flashed a different ROM, the boot screen is still that of MIUI.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones