• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BootLoop random for CM7.1-Ascend-06242011_signed.zip

Hmmm Mines usually like 1-2 minutes for a reboot after flashing or moving dalvik/apps

If youve been looking at it for 10 minutes pull the battery and then put it back reboot into recovery, and wipe data'factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik, format boot system, data cache and sd ext and reflash and after you flash the rom and gapps go to advanced and select "fix permissions" then reboot

Upvote 0
Hmmm Mines usually like 1-2 minutes for a reboot after flashing or moving dalvik/apps

If youve been looking at it for 10 minutes pull the battery and then put it back reboot into recovery, and wipe data'factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik, format boot system, data cache and sd ext and reflash and after you flash the rom and gapps go to advanced and select "fix permissions" then reboot

it says "error formatting /sd-ext!"

Upvote 0
is there a kernel i can flash for 710 or 729 when i flash bobz 729mhz it never makes it past the orange screen

For this, you could just flash his lazy Ascend build. It makes mine smooth. When I tried his higher OC build, it stuck mine at boot screen too. I had to let it sit at least 5 minutes, then hold the power button for a couple seconds, and SOMETIMES this would get it going. In the end, it wasn't worth it. I just went with the laxy CM7.

Reactions: zmcgrew83
Upvote 0
For this, you could just flash his lazy Ascend build. It makes mine smooth. When I tried his higher OC build, it stuck mine at boot screen too. I had to let it sit at least 5 minutes, then hold the power button for a couple seconds, and SOMETIMES this would get it going. In the end, it wasn't worth it. I just went with the laxy CM7.

will i still be able to put both those recoveries on there with the lazy ascend build?

Upvote 0
Hook your phone up to your computer and copy all the file to a new folder on your desktop. Then unplug and reboot into recovery and wipe everything and format everything. Then pull the battery out (unless you have the 3.0.2.8 recovery just go to power off) then remove your sd card throw it in the computer and throw everything back on to the sd card from the files you copied. And put the rom gapps and metroff on there too and flash the rom and gapps and skip the metroff for now, and reboot.

I always start over from scratch. I always format everything and put the rom and gapps only, on my sd flash them and then reboot and rebuild everything. I do transfer one old file over after I get it set up which is my contacts folder. But besides that I dont transfer anything from the last rom I was running.

On your sd card you will see 4,6,8, or 10 with a C around it. Thats the class of your sd. (or you'll see nothing. if theres nothing its a crappy card. Get a new one)

Heres 2 recoveries that arent in Rom Manager,
3.0.2.4- 3.0.2.4 recovery.img

3.0.2.8 - 3.0.2.8 recovery.img

Put them on the root of your sd card and type this in, in your terminal emulator:
su (hit enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/name-of-recovery.img (hitenter)

** "name-of-recovery.img" meaning that part should read whatever the recovery img reads when on your sd card. So if it says recovery.img make that last line say that. Or if it says 3.0.2.8 recovery.img make that last line say that. and so on

when flashing these recoveries do i leave the spaces in it just like above?or do i take the spaces out?

Upvote 0
so i took the plunge and decided to mod my new ascend last night and was wondering why only one mod will run on my lazy ascend but on my new one i can get alot of them to work on btw i like the blue start up screen still went with bobz 0708 the oc'd to 729 just cause i love the way this mod is set up and runs not very buggy ty guys for all the help and ty to all the devs and anyone that made 2.3.4 possible for us underprivledged people

Upvote 0
ok im pretty sure im getting on nerves by now but my phones doing it to me lol will this update-kernel-2.6.29-chaosOC_748-0521-0624-signed.zip work on bobzhomes07082011? if so how do i properly do this? thats how you over clock to 710 or higher i believe i could be right but not quite sure ive done alot of reading learned alot and hoping to learn alot more ty for the help guys
wow that was a rush lmao didnt never make it past boot screen was wonderin if there was another oc kernel that will work on the "lazy ascend"? possibly one that doesnt go above 710? my phone just dont like anything higher cant switch to bobz0708 oc'd 729 my phone just didnt like that one

sorry for all the questions but not to many people on the net acually know what theyre talking about

Upvote 0
wow that was a rush lmao didnt never make it past boot screen was wonderin if there was another oc kernel that will work on the "lazy ascend"? possibly one that doesnt go above 710? my phone just dont like anything higher cant switch to bobz0708 oc'd 729 my phone just didnt like that one

sorry for all the questions but not to many people on the net acually know what theyre talking about

if you have a lazy ascend i wouldn't recommend trying to flash an oc kernel as it will not boot.

Upvote 0
if you have a lazy ascend i wouldn't recommend trying to flash an oc kernel as it will not boot.

yeah i flashed my 2nd ascend last night now im using my lazy ascend just to try diff variations to see if i can get a lazy ascend to go any higher than 672 if it isnt i geuss im ready to get rid of this phone and another ? im with metro and they have a 4g phone made by samsung is there a cm7 for this phone?

Upvote 0
yeah i flashed my 2nd ascend last night now im using my lazy ascend just to try diff variations to see if i can get a lazy ascend to go any higher than 672 if it isnt i geuss im ready to get rid of this phone and another ? im with metro and they have a 4g phone made by samsung is there a cm7 for this phone?

what the indulge? here you go, ;) CM7-Indulge - Playfuldroidz Wiki

Reactions: zmcgrew83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones