• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bootstrap question

Wolf85

Lurker
Jan 23, 2011
Hey guys! This is my first post but I've been lurking around for awhile. I've had my X for about 2 months and finally starting to customize it. I rooted using Z4Root and it worked flawlessly. 30 seconds and I was rooted! I then moved on to Koush's bootstrap to make a nandroid backup. It seemed to work fine but one thing bothered me. At the end it said it backed up the system, data, .android_secure and cache fine but it said:

"No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

It says "Backup complete" after that but that message made me a bit worried i had a problem. I plan on flashing a ROM (Liberty 1.5?) and just want to make sure I don't have a problem before I go any farther. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the great information and people on this site has made this process seem painless. Thanks in advance!

You might want to install Titanium Backup and create a backup before installing Liberty.

It's nice to have your apps and their data backed up before you wipe everything to install a rom. It's no fun to have a rom w/o contacts or missing an app that's no longer on market or missing that high score in a game. (You get the point.)

Reactions: Wolf85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones