1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bootstrap question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wolf85, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Wolf85

Wolf85 Lurker

Hey guys! This is my first post but I've been lurking around for awhile. I've had my X for about 2 months and finally starting to customize it. I rooted using Z4Root and it worked flawlessly. 30 seconds and I was rooted! I then moved on to Koush's bootstrap to make a nandroid backup. It seemed to work fine but one thing bothered me. At the end it said it backed up the system, data, .android_secure and cache fine but it said:

"No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

It says "Backup complete" after that but that message made me a bit worried i had a problem. I plan on flashing a ROM (Liberty 1.5?) and just want to make sure I don't have a problem before I go any farther. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the great information and people on this site has made this process seem painless. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I get that message too. I suspect it's because you're backing up to the external sd card so it's in use. You can ignore it.

3. colchiro

You might want to install Titanium Backup and create a backup before installing Liberty.

It's nice to have your apps and their data backed up before you wipe everything to install a rom. It's no fun to have a rom w/o contacts or missing an app that's no longer on market or missing that high score in a game. (You get the point.)

Wolf85 likes this.
  4. Wolf85

Wolf85 Lurker

Thanks for the help! I have Titanium installed I just didn't want to go farther without knowing if I screwed up the nandroid. What exactly do I back up with Titanium? All user apps or do I backup all system data also?

5. colchiro

The free version only keeps the last backup, so you want to back up as much as you can with one shot. I'd do all user apps + system data for the first backup.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews