1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bootup / battery issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nyssa, Jan 10, 2012.

1. nyssa

nyssa Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Female
    fashion retail
    Seattle, WA
    Purchased a Motorola Triumph on Cyber Monday and all has been well with it...until tonight.

I keep my phone on the charger during work, and tonight was no exception. As I unplugged it and packed things up, it said I had a full charge. When I went to pick my phone up after packing everything else away, my phone was dead. I tried to turn it on and it got stuck on the Motorola logo. Several battery pulls and repeats later, and I never got past the Motorola logo. It just sat there, sometimes for upwards of five minutes.

I went back to the outlet and plugged it in, and after much fiddling I managed to get it to boot fully...only to be told that I had 0% charge. The phone promptly shut back off again.

I've been going in circles with this all night. Plugging it in and leaving it plugged in doesn't seem to help - it seems like it's not holding a charge? And that's only when I manage to get it to actually boot, which has only happened twice in the three hours I've been fighting with the phone.

Any help?

If it matters, I am rooted and running TG Cyanogenmod.

Advertisement

2. hotalings

hotalings Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    I would try flashing a different rom preferred stock if possible or restore a backup of stock. See if it charges then i had this problem on optimus v where the rom was using so much resources that it killed my battery and did what yours is doing. Flash a different from fixed the issue. You should be able to boot recovery with USB in to keep it from dying.
    I was running a cm7 based rom. As well when it happened to me

3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    This should not be a ROM issue. How long have you been running CM7?

4. Whyzor

Whyzor Android Expert
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    I would be suspiscious of any recent app installs or settings changes. Otherwise it could be a bad battery, if it works fine while plugged in & booted up.

5. nyssa

nyssa Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Female
    fashion retail
    Seattle, WA
    It was still being difficult when I plugged it in, but I left it charging overnight and now things seem to be okay. Still totally suspicious, though...and I *really* can't have my battery randomly croaking on me. I'm moving to a new city on Friday and would very much like NOT to be stranded in some random neighborhood without my phone...

I've been running CM since the day I got the thing, lol. December 5. Exceptional battery life previously (comparably speaking).

I contacted VM (without telling them I'm rooted, lol), and they say they're going to send me a new battery. But if all goes well, I'd like to sort THIS issue out as well - then I'll have two batteries! :3