1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Bootup time increased recently

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sintricate, Oct 9, 2010.

1. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    For about a week so far, my bootup times have been horrendous. My phone spends so much more time than before on the 4G splash screen.

Could there be a reason for this? It used to get off that screen pretty quickly but now it stays there for a long time. It took over a minute to restart my phone, more in the 1:15 range. It didn't always take that long.

I tried using start up manager to disable some apps but that didn't help one bit.

Advertisement

2. BenChase7

BenChase7 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    I think 1 minute(ish) is to be expected once you get your phone loaded with apps and personalized with widgets, etc. Mine takes about 25 seconds to shut down and 1 minute to boot.

3. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm complaining about a recent change in the amount of time it takes to start up. It didn't always take this long and I haven't done anything that would cause this as far as I know. I'm just wondering if anyone might know why it's suddenly taking longer than it used to.

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    Mine was much faster at first, too. its just as you load the phone up.. its got more to sort through on boot. one minute is not a bad boot time.

Tags: