• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Bose MIE2i mobile headset?

Did you find anything more about this yet?

I bought the Mie2i...the middle button works for play/pause/skip(double press) within doubletwist. No dice with the skip/rewind button...I"ve been thinking about emailing developers, who knows though.

Same for me on my Nexus One. I'm OK with the inability to skip songs because a double tap does the trick. I will also email the developers :)

Upvote 0
I purchased my mie2i headphones prior to getting the thunderbolt, just to find out (so far) that the microphone feature on the headset is not compatible with any android phone. Has anyone had success with this?? -- Is this a software issue?

The headphones can only pause the song...unfortunately nothing else. Double clicking on the center button only pauses, and then initiates redial (and the other person still can't hear me - but i can hear them loud and clear).

Upvote 0
I purchased my mie2i headphones prior to getting the thunderbolt, just to find out (so far) that the microphone feature on the headset is not compatible with any android phone. Has anyone had success with this?? -- Is this a software issue?

The headphones can only pause the song...unfortunately nothing else. Double clicking on the center button only pauses, and then initiates redial (and the other person still can't hear me - but i can hear them loud and clear).

I have the Thunderbolt too and have actually tried 2 different sets of earbuds with mic: the MEelectronics M9P and a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. Both do exactly what you say. You can press the button to pause/play a song but if you double press button it redials a call, who I presume was the last person I called.

I don't think its the Bose earbuds, I think its the Thunderbolt.

Upvote 0
I took a punt on SoundMagic mp21's - great value for money and sound really good (to my ears) teamed with PowerAmp (soundmagic's get some good recommendations on head-fi.org). Mic control works fine - ok it's basic 1 button operation single press to pause, double press to skip forward track, single press to answer/hang-up call. Save yourself some cash and give them a try?

Of course your source is also going to affect sound quality (i use EAC and LAME VBR for mp3s), and in an ideal world Desire would have Wolfson inside as well :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones