1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bost ota update screwed up my phone! help![boost]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soopersonic, Aug 21, 2012.

1. soopersonic

soopersonic Newbie

Hi all my techies. Noob here and after about 6 hours of lurking and researching I'm still in a hole so I thought i'd try the good ol' fashioned method of just asking.

So basically:

[issue one] I did the OT update on my rooted phone unaware that it was recommended NOT to. And it basically keeps crashing with every other function. I've had to take out the battery to unfreeze it countless times already.

[issue 2] I have no CLUE about what order I need to do this but; I have no idea if my phone even has a ROM. I checked settings and there's no software...so am i right to assume there's no rom on the phone? [when I bought it the seller said it was rooted and everything factory reset, so I assumed all that was left to play with were apps. Having no idea abut this other world of roms, kernels, etc.

So basically I would like a list in order of what I should do to fix my phone and get it updated to awesomeness. Bear with me I'm still learning the terminology so any direct links would be sooo helpful. I basically need someone to hold my hand through this as this will be my first time doing any of this. Hopefully I won't brick anything or totally screw up.

Thanks for any feedback or help in advance.

cheers.
    -K

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. soopersonic

soopersonic Newbie

Oh also here's a list of what I have installed so far:

-es file explorer
    -superuser
    -titanium backup pro
    -dropbox

3. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

pm if u want can walkthrough

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

5. soopersonic

soopersonic Newbie

Ah okay I will def give this a try. :/ I'm still at a loss have been all day. grrrr. Thank you.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews