• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bought a Droid, still on previous owner's account.

Hello all.
My primary phone is the Samsung Fascinate, but I bought an OG droid recently just for the hell of it.

The VZ rep i spoke with told me the phone is still on the previous owner's account so I cannot activate it :|
The person I bought it from may have changed numbers and I cannot get ahold of her.
I know the phone is not stolen because she left some of her info on it, and everything matches. Also, the VZ rep did not tell me the phone had been reported lost/stolen, only that it was still on another account.

Is there any way to activate this phone?

The strange thing is that when I attempt to send a message, I get an error saying there is no money left in my account.
And when i call *611, instead of being sent to customer service, I am sent to what appears to be a Verizon Prepaid account manager.

I didn't even know it was possible for someone to use a Droid prepaid.
Could this have something to do with why I am not able to activate the phone?

Thank you for any help :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones