1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Bought a Droid X when it came out, just moved countries and got a couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kloster18, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Kloster18

Kloster18 Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    So I just recently moved to Mexico, one of the providers here(Iusacell) said they could activate my phone but they have to downgrade it to 2.2 because 2.3.3 hasnt come out in Mexico yet(I was using 2.3.3 with Liberty in the US) so now I asked them if I could upgrade it myself to 2.3.3 and they said that I can but I might lose service again and they'll have to "reprogram it".

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks!
    Sorry if I put this in the wrong subforum -_-

Advertisement

2. djxxcess

djxxcess Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    with you being in mexico and they arent up to date (yet) follow his suggestion, it will make your life better

3. suquet.paul

suquet.paul Lurker
    None

I own the same phone, and i am also using IUSACELL...

Only thing youll need to do is SBF back to froyo and flash iusacell's basebands. (I have a copy of the zip, if youd like).

I was also in Liberty... went from GB 0.1 all the way to 0.9 via nightlies... but now I wanna try Apex 2.0 RC2 (a friend of mine with the same phone and same carrier runs Apex 2.0 RC2 and battery life is amazing)....

Problem is, you have to be on GB .596 to load Apex (or Liberty GB for that matter). And the only way I know how to get there is by SBF back to Verizon Froyo (there is a Iusacell SBF out there, but itll temporarily brick your phone); so..
    SBF to Verizon Froyo (and after rooting, flash iusacell basebands, youll need the SPC code number associated with your phone number. Iusacell gives it away fairly easily by calling support or visiting any Iusacell store)
    After flashing basebands, enter dialpad and dial ##PROGRAM, it'll ask you for your SPC (as youre on verizons, it'll be "000000"), click on "03 EXTENDED NAM", scroll all the way down and edit the SPC to the one you got from Iusacell. The phone will reboot and after calling *228 (then pressing options 1 - 2 - 1), youll have 3g data again.

then flash .573
    test everything out

flash .595
    test everything out

flash .596
    make a nandroid backup of this milestone...
    and flash whatever you wish.

Cheers mate!

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    It's in the root section now, based on the suggested fix. :D

5. drkcobra

drkcobra Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Does anyone out there have the sbf for the DroidX for Lusacell Mexico?
    I presume the model number is MB809 like the rest of non Verizon versions of the Droid X. Thanks!