1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Bought new Samsung mega outright from Bell (no contract)& they refuse to unlock it.

Discussion in 'Bell' started by dough13, Jan 13, 2014.

1. dough13

dough13 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Hi I have been with Bell for 3 years my contract is expired but i am still with them and i wanted to upgrade my phone so I bought a samsung mega outright from bell (no contract) because i thought it wouldnt be locked and i could switch sims when i went on vacation. Recently I was told my phone is locked to bell . I called bell and asked if they would unlock my phone for free so that I could change sims for my vacation and they Said no and was rude and told me that i would have to pay $50 to unlock the phone that I had just bought from them a month earlier for over $550.00! How in gods name can they refuse to unlock a phone I purchased in full & not on a contract and is there any legal advise that i could use to make them unlock my phone for free?:mad:
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    From what I can find, I don't think they're legally obliged to unlock it.

I've bought unlock codes dirt cheap on ebay before so you might want to try there? It's just a case of booting the phone with the alternative SIM and entering the code when prompted.

3. dough13

dough13 Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    I unlocked the phone with an online unlock site and it worked and better yet bell never got 50 bucks to unlock my phone. now to get rid of bhell for good lol.:D

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    :)

Glad you sorted it and weren't ripped off. $50 is a fair bit considering you bought it outright to begin with.