• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bought one and having some questions

cultor

Apr 22, 2010
I'm having some issues with my network connection.
I am at home (phone is still without simcard, want full battery life and a screen protector :))
phone is connected to my wifi but sometimes after a long period I "wake up" the phone and he says connected, but internet doesn't load (loading bar goes to about 15% and stays there), weather widget doesn't work, stocks...
When I disable and re enable my wifi , it work again.
Wifi works 100% on my computer, so I thinking faulty phone, software??
I also have a message on top of the screen: could not detect current time zone... If I thick it it goes away for some time...

If I click the lower left button (the arrow on the touchscreen) I get all the apps installed, is ther a way to make a map for the games, cause if I install like 100 apps, and 20 games it gets messy in there

about transporting the phone. A brando protector screen is on its way to me now, but I was wondering, is this enough? The back of the phone is of some kind of rubber no? Will it scratch easely? (I don't carry my keys and phone in the same pocket :))

Could someone help me set up contacts? Right now I have my facebook contacts in there, but I don't want most of them... Its easy for mail, but not for phone numbers. Somer people fill in "need to ask" or "you want to know" in stead of the phone number so that is annoying...
If I want to add contacts, what is the difference between phone and google? (benefits, disadvantages)
I know this is allot...
I appologies for typos, since I have worked 4 days in a row for 14 hours straight each day
I know, I want to play with my phone!! :)

Your PC wifi chip is more expensive than the one in your phone, and so carries a lot of hardware, and software to deal with signal congestion and noise etc.

Best bet is try another channel on your router until you find the best.

The pause is your phone trying to deal with the signal chatter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones