1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bought the LightRay - Still have Esteem, gonna work with both!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidAdmire, Aug 15, 2012.

1. AndroidAdmire

AndroidAdmire Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, like i said i was gonna buy the LightRay. Well I bought it. Its Very nice. Im going to keep the Esteem and work on it aswell!

-Android Admire!

2. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert

Congratulations Sir.
    I wish there was some way you could adopt me.:p

3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

4. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Congrats why you couldn't wait for the s3 and you are talking about the Lightray

5. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Since you have both how does it compare?

boijay likes this.
  6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

not very well (IMO) compare to what i have mess around with it in my homie store.

7. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Looks like the Lightray has hard buttons instead of touch?:thinking:

8. chicanito

chicanito Well-Known Member

you mean soft buttons ;) but yea I hate that ): looks like I'm going back to Sprint if Metro doesn't give us a better phone then the Esteem and has ICS running

9. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Why not just be happy with a cheap ass monthly payment, no contact and a phone that runs just as good as the new nexus? ;)

Yes, several people that left metro and got the new nexus said that the esteem with #2 was just as smooth and quick as the nexus.

After having the ics ui, what's missing from ics isn't enough, imo, for people to get all pissed that metro doesn't have ics. I just don't understand it honestly.

And i would call them hard "soft" keys. Haha

yogeneyo likes this.
  10. Fuzzy13

Yeah that's something i can't stand. I want just a solid screen. Even that damn single button on the iPhone is annoying. Lol

11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

thats a bit of a stretch there lol. ;)

12. Fuzzy13

This is other people, not me. So obviously i don't know for sure. But it was said by not than one person on different occasions.

13. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

I ment it has hard keys as in physical keys and not touch keys aka capacitive touch keys.

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  14. AndroidAdmire

The LightRay seems cheap compared to the Esteem. I prefer the Esteem over the LightRay anyday. Looks like the LightRay is going on Criag's List. haha

15. Fuzzy13

So you buy a 450 dollar phone last night and your gonna throw it up on craigslist now?

Where did you buy this phone?

16. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

that makes no sense it was late last night when he said he was going to buy the light tray cuz he didnt like the fact that we told him it was a long shot for ics to be ported over to the esteem, just a question where do you find a metro dealer thats open after 10pm at night? and wouldnt it be easier to get a refund since you have only had it for a few hours?

17. Fuzzy13

Metro gives you 7 days.

18. chicanito

chicanito Well-Known Member

stopped using #2 a while ago. becomes too laggy after a while (around a week). I'll stick with Plagued. much smoother for me. and I kinda doubt that, friend has it and its pretty beast but I'll probably be getting the S3 not the Nexus. besides I need a phone with much more ram.

19. Fuzzy13

Cool

20. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert

I could really use what the esteem lacks n nexus has...at least some, if not all:
    nfc, google wallet, do some of my office work wo overwhelming phone, use chrome as the only browser on all devices, use phone overseas...

21. AndroidAdmire

Metro in the West Closes at 9PM. I returned it today. Got all my money back. I am just going to wait for the S3 or whatever "new" phone comes out.

22. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

still hard to believe some1 lost $200 instead of trying to get their money back sooner......

23. AndroidAdmire

What do u mean?

24. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

meaning some1 sold you the light tray on craiglist for $250 when it cost $459 so if this person needed the money back dont you think they would of returned the phone back for a refund instead of cutting their losses and losing $200? actually more than $200 more like $209 +taxes

25. AndroidAdmire

They didnt want it, they switch to Verizon and there are no refunds.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews