• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bought the LightRay - Still have Esteem, gonna work with both!

chicanito said:
you mean soft buttons ;) but yea I hate that ): looks like I'm going back to Sprint if Metro doesn't give us a better phone then the Esteem and has ICS running

Why not just be happy with a cheap ass monthly payment, no contact and a phone that runs just as good as the new nexus? ;)

Yes, several people that left metro and got the new nexus said that the esteem with #2 was just as smooth and quick as the nexus.

After having the ics ui, what's missing from ics isn't enough, imo, for people to get all pissed that metro doesn't have ics. I just don't understand it honestly.

And i would call them hard "soft" keys. Haha

Reactions: yogeneyo
Upvote 0
Why not just be happy with a cheap ass monthly payment, no contact and a phone that runs just as good as the new nexus? ;)

Yes, several people that left metro and got the new nexus said that the esteem with #2 was just as smooth and quick as the nexus.

After having the ics ui, what's missing from ics isn't enough, imo, for people to get all pissed that metro doesn't have ics. I just don't understand it honestly.

thats a bit of a stretch there lol. ;)

Upvote 0
that makes no sense it was late last night when he said he was going to buy the light tray cuz he didnt like the fact that we told him it was a long shot for ics to be ported over to the esteem, just a question where do you find a metro dealer thats open after 10pm at night? and wouldnt it be easier to get a refund since you have only had it for a few hours?

Upvote 0
that makes no sense it was late last night when he said he was going to buy the light tray cuz he didnt like the fact that we told him it was a long shot for ics to be ported over to the esteem, just a question where do you find a metro dealer thats open after 10pm at night? and wouldnt it be easier to get a refund since you have only had it for a few hours?

Metro gives you 7 days.

Upvote 0

stopped using #2 a while ago. becomes too laggy after a while (around a week). I'll stick with Plagued. much smoother for me. and I kinda doubt that, friend has it and its pretty beast but I'll probably be getting the S3 not the Nexus. besides I need a phone with much more ram.

Upvote 0
meaning some1 sold you the light tray on craiglist for $250 when it cost $459 so if this person needed the money back dont you think they would of returned the phone back for a refund instead of cutting their losses and losing $200? actually more than $200 more like $209 +taxes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones