• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BOUNTY - Metropcs Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4g SCH- R910]

Hello, everyone. I found this thread from a search on rooting and tethering metro's Indulge. I'll be happy to pledge $20 to push this over $600.

Sadly, I've not heard a peep about mail in rebates as of late, so waiting is only robbing you of some of the potential fun to be had!
Needless to say, I got the phone the very next day.

I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but I think today the price of the Indulge just dropped to $299 with a $100 rebate. I want to buy this phone and say good riddance to T Mobile but only if I can use it as a hotspot.

Reactions: SwervFusion
Upvote 0
Hello, everyone. I found this thread from a search on rooting and tethering metro's Indulge. I'll be happy to pledge $20 to push this over $600.

I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but I think today the price of the Indulge just dropped to $299 with a $100 rebate. I want to buy this phone and say good riddance to T Mobile but only if I can use it as a hotspot.

:D I think yours brings it to $650. :D

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I have been following this thread as a guest of this site. (not wanting to register for yet another site that shuns the R910...) I'd like to say you guys are epic in all the work you have put forth to root the POA!

On a side note: I was able to tether my R910 with Easytether w/o ANY type of root. Worked on 1st attempt.:)
1.) Easytether app
2.) The comp side software
3.) I got the Epic drivers
4.) Install everything.
5.) Reboot comp and phone. (w/o usb in comp the entire time.)
6.) Enable Easytether on Phone as well as USB Debugging.
7.) Ofcourse, after reboot of comp and phone plug phone into usb. Look for notification from taskbar for connection.

After that you should be good to go. (Using tether as I type this)

As for the pledge. I'll have to do that next paycheck. :(
If needed I can do whatever in my power to help just ask.

Upvote 0
Dudes, if my maths are correct, we should already be over $700, not including BSpins pledge. The OP just hasn't been updated in a while.

Or maybe I'm wrong, I've had a couple brewskis already...

As for the pledge. I'll have to do that next paycheck. :(
If needed I can do whatever in my power to help just ask.

@Rasuto,

A pledge is just that, a pledge. The money will not be due and payable until the requirements are met.

@All,

When I get done with work, just about every day, I come here and check this forum (and in particular, this thread). Today I'm enjoying a few frosty delicious cold adult beverages as I peruse the forum, because it is Friday. Not watch TV, read a book, kick the dog, or bang the ol' lady. I come here. lol Jeez, I'm such a dork...

Upvote 0
im hoping that the phone will reveal more, im looking at the files and theres all sorts of crap missing, yay go figure samsung would leave out other shit. anyways if anyone can do me a simple favor and adb pull / (except your /data folder) and post it online it would be much appreciated. :)

Sorry dude I saw the request but
I had no idea what your talking about or I would have offered....let me know what's involved and I'm more than happy to do it for you.

Upvote 0
Android SDK | Android Developers you need adb from this, you may have to start the program up.

in cmd.exe you need to do:

if you have 32 bit
cd C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
if you have 64 bit
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

and then you need to do adb devices and make sure your phone is detected, if it is then feel free to do adb pull /*

Reactions: sookieball
Upvote 0
Android SDK | Android Developers you need adb from this, you may have to start the program up.

if you have 32 bit
if you have 64 bit

and then you need to do adb devices and make sure your phone is detected, if it is then feel free to do adb pull /*

sorry above my head and below my feet as they say. I'm just a simple user. That was all greek to me. I know my ignorance is showing LOL.

Upvote 0

if you have 32 bit
if you have 64 bit

Ill do the pull

Asap. And Pm u the info. But i am still a little new to adb so i dont know how to edit the private info so. No biggie. I dont think ur untrustworthy

Upvote 0
ok is debugging enabled? should have included that in my quick walkthru sorry
if it isnt and you dont know how to enable it
settings > applications > development > check usb debugging

if you already had this/or knew how to then ignore :D

EDIT well not ignore >.> cuz if this phone is missing adb then there is some serious crap going on, but as the "indulge" that i compile had adbd it should

Upvote 0
ok is debugging enabled? should have included that in my quick walkthru sorry
if it isnt and you dont know how to enable it
settings > applications > development > check usb debugging

if you already had this/or knew how to then ignore :D

EDIT well not ignore >.> cuz if this phone is missing adb then there is some serious crap going on, but as the "indulge" that i compile had adbd it should

Ok tried to do the adb pull thru adb shell
No go
Ran su in the shell
No dice.

Any tips on how to get u the pull? Im on a mac desktop btw. That makes my life a little difficult.

Edit: ok not difficult, im just dumb.
did the pull ...

now what cha need?

Upvote 0
I take a break for the weekend and miss all the fun. Let me know if another pull is required and I'll do mine.

I have A kernel compiled but without Samsung's kernel changes. I am attempting to figure out how to get a kernel onto the phone properly along with my normal stuff going on at work.
post it and i will test it for you, i should be able to flash it with odin

what changes should i look for?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones