1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips BoxWave anti-glare screen protector review

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skeezix, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Skeezix

Skeezix Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Recently purchased and installed a Boxwave Anti-Glare screen protector for my Galaxy S 4G. After reading every review possible, I decided this was the best one for my needs. Some anti-glare protectors are VERY grainy and distort to a high degree. The Boxwave is almost clear and does an excellent job balanceing both aspects of having an anti-glare protector vs having a clear protector. Now the bad news. Installation was easy enough, but after finding some dust particles under the newly installed protector, I used my fingernail to pull the protector up and remove the lint with scotch tape and tried to lay the protector back on the screen only to find that my fingernail had deformed the protector where I lifted it up to the point where it would NOT lay back down. Also, I should add that this was done VERY gently as I tried very hard NOT to cause damage to the protector. I now have two places where the protector will not lay flat. I feel this is a very poor design, and that if Boxwave continues to use this design, they should include at least two protectors in the package. With shipping, the screen protector was almost $16 - VERY expensive for what you get. After reading the 'return' policy on their website I can see that they will NOT refund my money due to the fact that the package was opened. I will be calling them on Monday to see what my options are and will post results in here. If anyone has any expirence with boxwave screen protectors, please post in this thread.

Advertisement