• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

boxwave crystal clear question

I've had mine for about a week. One of the corners didn't stick so they're sending me a new one. No scratches though. I'll put it through a scratch test when I get my new one. One recommendation for applying. Take two pieces of mailing tape, apply them sticky side to sticky side (one on top, one on bottom) and then align the screen protector, remove one piece of tape, hold in place, then remove the other. It really keeps dust from sticking to the protector because the tape is stickier.

Upvote 0
I've had mine for about a week. One of the corners didn't stick so they're sending me a new one. No scratches though. I'll put it through a scratch test when I get my new one. One recommendation for applying. Take two pieces of mailing tape, apply them sticky side to sticky side (one on top, one on bottom) and then align the screen protector, remove one piece of tape, hold in place, then remove the other. It really keeps dust from sticking to the protector because the tape is stickier.
Strange. I had the exact same 'one corner not sticking' problem. NEVER had that issue with any of their other screen protectors I've purchased. Ended up sending the defective one back and am waiting on my replacement.

Upvote 0
I prefer the "anti glare" over the "crystal" screen protectors, but that's not what this post is about. I also had a corner not stick down when I installed a Boxwave but a little investigation revealed that there was a little tiny bump of adhesive or something stuck to the glass screen in the corner. I took a razorblade and carefully scraped the corner and the bump came off with a little tick. When I re-installed the screen protector it went down completely.

Since then I shared this experience with a couple of my friends who had the same issue with their Heros and the fix worked for them too. This may or may not be the problem the rest of you are having but it would be worth checking.

Pete

Upvote 0
Since I have decided to go with my screen naked for a bit I decided to test a couple of the washable screen protectors that I have. I took the boxwave protector and rinsed it under lukewarm water. I then shook it until almost dry. I took a strip of clear packing tape and pressed the sticky side of the screen protector onto it to clear off any dust and then re-applied it. It likes new so they are very washable and reusable.

Upvote 0
Very disappointed with my anti-glare I got from them. One side of the screen wouldn't stick and I got a bunch of crappy "you did it wrong" emails from them.

Tried washing it and it still will not stick correctly. Really feel like I got ripped off. Its not a cheap protector, and now I have to go through hoops to get it replaced or return it.

Upvote 0
I ordered the crystal Boxwave protector as well and the left side and top were coming up a bit. So I had them send me a replacement only to have the same thing happen.
In the end, I sent both back for a full refund.
While the protectors were on my phone, i noticed a lot of fingerprints during use. Much more than the native screen.
Overall, I was not impressed with the product. The exchange and subsequent return was pretty painless though.
I just ordered a ZAGG the other day when they had the 50% off deal.
We'll see how that goes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones